Karlovy Vary, 5 years later.

26 November 2008

Christmas is coming soon, in another month time, can you feel it? I feel it cause whenever I walk pass these Christmas trees, there is always a very nice fragrance. Ahh~ Can I bring one of it home, so my house can smell nice nice too?




The taller trees... By the way, the trees are called "Fir".




Thanks to Sarah for her kway chap craving today, she treat us to kway chap for lunch! It's at the coffee shop opposite Mayflower Secondary School, The kway chap there very very nice!

Boss was very funny lar... He said, "Must eat more, Sarah very seldom treat." Suling and I replied loudly, "No... She treat us quite a lot of times already." (Sarah treat us more than boss does, lol...)

Salted vegetable




Our dishes! Pork belly, intestines, skin, beancurd, dried beancurd, stew eggs and fish cake. Yum yum!




Kway chap, lots of kway chap.




My bowl of kway chap, woo~ I can't wait.




With a nice cup of ice lemon tea. Cooling~




On the way back, boss' BMW but I like his old car more, very big and spacious.




Saw this plant in Candy while walking to the bus stop after work. I have no idea how the people do the 'double happiness' wording on the plant, quite cool actually.




My suppose-to-be lunch for today, I left this for dinner instead. How could I give the kway chap a miss, right? I tried making toasted scotch eggs by using quail eggs and minced pork, not bad for my first try.




-

I saw this place on a Taiwan variety show. I want to go there too, maybe 5 years later, now no money.

Czech Repucblic, Karlovy Kavy (link)
There are more than 50 mineral springs with curative effects, cause the water is rich in iron and lots of minerals. Of course, the water will have a strong metal taste to it.

Most importantly, the place looks beautiful! I can't wait to go there right now.




The cups is a must buy when you go there. People use these cups to drink from the springs. These cups are designed specially and you drink from the sprouts coming out from the handle because the spring water is hot. Cups come in a lot of different designs.




Prince Václav I Spring 65°C




Snake Spring 30°C




Štěpánka Spring 13°C
I think this is the spring with lots of carbon dioxide, so it is like drinking soft drinks. I want to try too!




This is the spa wafer, eat this while drinking the mineral springs and the metal taste would not be that strong.




Gotta go sleep. Oyasumi nasai~

No comments: