Eat: Potato Depot

21 August 2011

Received this image from boyfriend in the morning! Heh. =P




Bought two new bottles of OPI - The "IT" Color and Skull n' Glossbones. Lovely, aren't they?




Today is Singapore's unofficial curry day due to this. I didn't cook my own pot of curry, does eating curry vegetables count?




We saw this Skinny Guinea Pig while shopping around City Hall, it really looks like a pig! Aww~ One of the cutest skinny guinea pig, I've ever seen.




As Boyfriend and I weren't really hungry, we looked around for something light around Raffles City and we decided on Potato Depot. Some comfort food would be for the stomach.




We ordered two potatoes, their signatures - P.D Original ($5.90) and Happy Salmon ($8.90). I chose the P.D Original as I just wanted to taste something more traditional with the usual sour cream and bacon bits, served with some chives on top of it.




I was glad that the sour cream does not have a strong milky smell, it does go well with the fluffy potato. It would have tasted better if the bacon bits are a little more crispy, rather than chewy but I must say they are quite generous with the toppings.

My potato was however, not served hot, it was kind of cold which is disappointing. I love my baked potatoes hot. =(

Happy Salmon has smoked salmon with sour cream and capers. I tried capers for the first time, it was very salty, so you have got to take it together with the potato.




Pay an additional $3 to make your choice of baked potato to a meal that comes with a soup, salad and a soft drink. The soup was made with instant powdered soup, I could feel the powdery texture. The salad was good though with fresh lettuce, carrots, cherry tomatoes and raisins with a sweet and sour dressing.




I eat potatoes with its skin on, it just tastes better but when we were having the leftover potato skin of Happy Salmon, we bit on bits of sand which makes me wonder if the staffs washed the potatoes clean enough.


Potato Depot
Raffles City Shopping Centre
252 North Bridge Road, #B1-78
Singapore 179103

Tel: 6336 6687

No comments: