LainLain's Wedding Day!

26 February 2011

All of us had to make our way to JB to attend her wedding. Took a cab from Queen Street and it costs $55 per cab, very expensive.

This is the restaurant.




Our table.




Cute wedding gift box.




The stage over there.




Lights. Haha! Don't ask me why I even bother to post them here.






Cold Dish. Big scallops and the salad looking thing in front tastes like asam laksa.




Hakka Seafood Peng Cai, even though I know very well that Hakkas don't serve seafood. Haha! Hakkas don't live anywhere near the sea. By the way, the fish maw was very good, I never liked fish maw and the cabbage was stewed till soft and smooth. Ahhh~ I'm drooling right now.




Roast Pig. Didn't eat much of it, fattening and very full due to the Peng Cai.




There was a dish of Fried Codfish, I tell you... that was very heavenly too, I was very full but I still managed to finish the fish. I could just go back there to just eat the codfish.

Lotus Leaf Glutinous Rice, not bad too, I find the meat dry. I'm very full already anyway. Haha!




Coconut Pudding. I like coconut juice but I never like desserts with cocnuts in them because old coconuts are always used in them. Old coconuts have the strong smell of coconut oil.




This turn out pretty good and easy to do actually, just cocnut juice with agar agar powder and then chill in fridge. The restaurant did not use old coconuts, thumbs up for that!




Here's a group picture. =)




Here's something Pi did on his about.me page, the site is currently down for some time already. =(

No comments: