Wasabi Tei, Japanese cuisine.

21 February 2009

Sarah and I went sourcing for a location for photoshoot, nicely furnished apartments. I'm looking forward to the location shoot!

We went shopping at Far East Plaza, Sarah bought a lot of things at Watsons, I was amazed! Shall not elaborated on that or else I will be dead.

I bought the sponge thingy, it is suppose to shave arm hair. I'm quite a hairy person okay? Full-stop...




Lunch at Wasabi Tei.




Pay $2 if you are not going to order any food, plus you must at least get a drink. From what Sarah said, the boss sounds scary. There are only 2 person in the shop, the boss who is also the chef and his wife who serves food and washes the dishes.




You would want to have your order taken at one go, the menu stated one would be charge an additional 20% for re-ordering.

Opening hours. Please queue up early if you don't want to wait for 1 to 2 hours and also note that there are only 16 seats around the counter in the shop (really tiny shop).




We reach the shop at 12.30pm, damn... We had to queue for 1 hour or so until some of the customers leave the shop.

Ocha, green tea. It's free flow, I don't dare to drink to much if not there wouldn't be enough space for good food.




The complimentary dish of Braised Seaweed with Beancurd Skin and Chicken. Those black coloured stuff may look taunting but it is just seaweed. Served hot with a tint of sweetness, the chicken is braised till tender. I want more!




Another appetizer, some kind of seaweed and it is damn slimy... I'm not good with slimy food but I still manage to slurp it down my throat. Sour as it has got vinegar. Slimy and sour? Hmm...




Chawanmushi filled with lots of shitake mushrooms, chicken and thick strands of vermicelli. The chef sure is generous with the servings!




Very very thick slices of Salmon Sashimi, each mouthful of sashimi slice feels heavenly! The chef doesn’t wear glove for food preparation but the license outside his shop shows 'A', I guess it should be alright.




Fragrant bowl of steamy rice.




Teriyaki salmon, $10 for this set meal. The salmon was a little charred but it smells good. Just look at the serving, it is not like some restaurants that serves thin slices of salmon.




Camera went out of battery, my handphone is just as good.

Unagi, $28 for this set as it includes a plate of salmon sashimi. Again, it is the whole unagi, not just half of it! Satisfying~




Miso soup.




Conclusion
Food: ****
Value: ****

14 Scotts Road
#05-70 Far East Plaza


Strawberries from Korea, 2 boxes for $7 only! Ying Ying, are you jealous of me? I got strawberries and daddy paid for it!

No comments: